1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Earthquaker Devices Appreciation Guild

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tewnty_two, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Hello Talkbassers!
    I didn’t see a dedicated EQD thread even though their pedals are in heavy use by many a TB’er.

I hope this thread will be used to discuss any news, reviews, settings etc for all things Earthquaker.

I’ll start:
    Has anyone order the new Black Ash Fuzz?
    The sound clips sound pretty darn good. Black Ash
    I’m on the fence on ordering and the limited release is putting the squeeze on my decision.

RissKippery likes this.
  2. RissKippery

RissKippery Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2016
    7D682792-6113-4260-970F-03160836FB26. I certainly enjoy their pedals.

TrevorG, gregmon79, Veldar and 6 others like this.
  3. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    I really want to try a Spatial Delivery and an Aquaduct. The Acapulca Gold sounds amazing on bass imo.

gregmon79, RissKippery and tewnty_two like this.
  4. RissKippery

Mar 3, 2016
    I really love the spatial delivery. Running an OD into and a Fuzz after it is insane sounding. Messing around with the sample hold mode is also surprisingly fun and interesting.

The aqueduct is also really great. Such a wild amount of sound. The random mode on a low depth setting sounds like an old slightly warped record. Sounds great before or after dirt. I also found a trick on the Envelope Pitch mode where you turn the rate knob almost all the way down and it’s a very slightly detuned double tracking sound. Definitely worth picking up.

tewnty_two likes this.
  5. Has anyone tried the disaster transport sr? It sounds insane on the YouTube but I’m not sure if it’s worth the hefty price vs something like the Afterneth.

RissKippery likes this.
  6. RissKippery

Mar 3, 2016
    I’m not a delay-on-bass Guy, but the DT SR is one I’ve kept an eye out for a while now. I haven’t played one personally, but I agree that it sounds insane. Plus, I’m a sucker for lo-fi tape sounds.

tewnty_two likes this.
  7. How are using the data corrupter? A friend of mine has one and he mainly uses it as distortion but i think it’s capable of a lot more. I think I need to borrow it for a weekend....

RissKippery likes this.
  8. JN8642

JN8642

Aug 19, 2015
    I tried the Black Ash, it is an awesome OD/Fuzz. I'm really considering it

jazznrick and tewnty_two like this.
  9. Can you compare it to any other pedal sound wise?
    I’ve only heard the samples they have on their site.

10. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    The Avalanche Run could be a solid mid-point in terms of price, features, and size.

tewnty_two and RissKippery like this.
  11. smartinson

smartinson

Dec 15, 2005
    Longmont, CO
    I've been using The Warden compressor and have been liking it a lot so far. I was using it for guitar but just recently switched it to bass so I'm still tweaking a bit, so far so good though.

tewnty_two likes this.
  12. JN8642

JN8642

Aug 19, 2015
    I couldn't really, it sounded a bit transparent which I really liked. Definitely didn't sound like a muff. For only three knobs there were a lot of great tones, all usable from mild to insane. I'm highly considering it but they're selling out incredibly fast so I'd say order one from reverb fast if you're planning to get one.

tewnty_two likes this.
  13. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    I've admired their pedals for years. They do great things.

Have a Monarch, with a limited edition Pink Afterneath en route. Will upload a pic once the Afterneath arrives.

Data Corrupter and Hummingbird are on my to-buy list as well.

RissKippery and tewnty_two like this.
  14. Cracker7

Cracker7 Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Saratoga Springs NY
    44DAD49C-ACB6-4FF5-9F0E-A190699413C6. I have a couple of their pedals. Great stuff. But my favorite is the Tone Job. It just makes me sound even better...

gregmon79 and tewnty_two like this.
  15. There are few on my board.
    c487th5.
    A Night Wire, a Ghost Echo, a Afterneath and a Westwood. Like them a lot.

Nunovsky, tewnty_two and RissKippery like this.
  16. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    The Cloven Hoof has not once left my board since I got it in 2015, that’s gotta be some sort of record me. I like a lot of their other stuff too!

RissKippery likes this.
  17. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I don’t currently own any EQD pedals, but I have in the past and have enjoyed their products!

18. I have some minor GAS for the Black Ash

19. You better get one quick

jazznrick likes this.
  20. JN8642

JN8642

Aug 19, 2015
    Mine mostly faded after seeing a lot of people selling them for more than $200

RissKippery likes this.