1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EarthQuaker Devices

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Low_End_Theory, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Low_End_Theory

Low_End_Theory

Mar 5, 2008
    Has anyone ever heard of the company in the topic. They're a pedal company based out of Akron, Ohio. From the soundclips that I've heard on their website, the pedals sound GREAT on guitar, don't know about bass though. I wanna go to Ohio now, to try one of these babies out...:meh:

Edit: http://www.earthquakerdevices.com/ Here's the website, if you're interested

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Yes, there has been some mention of them. I know of at least two TBers who have Hummingbirds (Tremolo) and at least one who has a Disaster Transport (delay). Nothing but good reports so far.

3. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i really want that hummingbird. i've always wondered how it would fare against the catalinbread valcoder though. hmmmm.....

4. JoshC

JoshC

Nov 19, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    I have a hoof on the way I am pretty excited. I emailed him and he will do a bass hoof for the same price to. I guess he just has to change a few capacitors.

5. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Both the Hoof and the Hummingbird are on my list ;)

6. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i also want to try out the pulse machine. hmmmm. those tremolo units sound sweet!

7. The Disaster Transport is an awesome delay for simple delays and wacky modulation.

8. GingerConor

GingerConor

May 2, 2008
    Dublin
    yeah, really want one of those hummingbirds.lol

9. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I just listened to the clips and the "youtube" of this pedal on the Tone Factor website...Wow...typically I'm not impressed by clips...but these sound great...I wanna check this delay out!

10. You really should.

11. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    :meh: if I got a tube amp I'd consider getting a Black Eye....

12. JoshC

JoshC

Nov 19, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    I have a Hoof and really like it. Jamie is a standup guy who was really good about answering my emails. I would highly recommend EQD to anyone. They are legit.

13. Malekko

Malekko Malekko Heavy Industry

Feb 25, 2007
    i have a hummingbird....2 thumbs up!

14. Atomicant

Atomicant

Feb 3, 2006
    Australia
    I have a Hummingbird.

15. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    if malekko says it's good...then it must be super awesome!:p

16. I'm definitely getting a Hummingbird. I just heard the bass clip of the Hoof fuzz on their site, it sounds pretty great.

17. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Thumbs up on the Hummingbird. I ditched my Pulsar soon after getting the 'bird. It has a nice high end roll off with a great "chop" that works really well with ebg.

The Hoof sounds killer as well. I might slap one in my blend loop and not need to bother with a mod.

I've been checking out the Disaster Transport as well. My only question is whether or not the wacky modulation can be tuned.

I think I might email EQD right now...

18. Those hummingbird/SMMH clips sound AMAZING.

19. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    Earthquaker Devices customer support.

So last Saturday(Oct. 30th) I emailed earthquaker to inquire about a switch that wasn't working properly on my phaser pedal. It took all of 12 minutes on a Saturday night to get a response.
    Shipped it out on Tuesday to have the switch replaced. It arrived there and was shipped out same day(Thu.) and if I'd been awake for the Postman I would have gotten my pedal back Saturday(Nov. 6).

Picked it up today on the way into work and I'm back here tonight in Grand Orbiter heaven.

Nicely Done, Jamie, Nicely done!!
    [​IMG]

20. Way to revive a thread!
    I have the Musket on my g#it*r board. I like it.

s