Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

East Coast

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brad Johnson, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  2. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    ... and another foot on the way:D

[​IMG]

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Us New Englanders think you guys down there whine too much when you get a little snow. ;) :D

I heard your about to get one, maybe two feet.

4. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Who's whining? Like I said... I love it. It's one of the reasons I love living on the East Coast:D

BTW ever see a New Englander down here in the summer?

Talk about whining;)

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I wish we got snow like that. We got the cold weather, but not the snow :(

6. Snow?
    Get a load of this....:D
    450cm (about 14 feet), so far this winter.

East Coast indeed. It gets worse the further east you go. Can't get any further east on this continent than where I am..........

Gotta love it!

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :D :cool:

Ocean County NJ has white roads again as of an hour ago. I ran out yesterday and got extra of things I might need.... I've no reason to leave my house till Wed or Thur.

:bassist: SNOW! :bassist:

8. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hey Brad, gotta love this winter, huh?

I got at least a foot and a half already in my front yard.

Only in Maryland do you get 100+ degree summers, and 3 feet of snow in the winter ;) Gotta love this wierd climate. Plenty of bathing suits in the summer ;) (hehe) And tons of snow in the winter.

I put my money on no snow until Thursday :D:D

9. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    It's a mess here in southern NJ too. I don't even want to start cleaning up the cars or driveway because they are calling for the snow to continue all day, overnight, then into tomorrow.

No band rehearsal this afternoon, so I'm relieved about that. Besides, it's a good day to curl up on the couch and be glad you're inside. :)

That 'Snowbound' tune from D. Fagen comes to mind...

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    touché :p :D

11. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Me too. Just saw the forecast on a local station, and we are in the 8"-12"+ range for Monday afternoon through Tuesday! :bassist:

12. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Don't forget the humidity. I got some perverse pleasure when my brother came home after being in Tuscon for a few years and talking about the heat. Just watching his reaction to 98 degrees and 95% humidity was priceless.

We just finished cleaning the first foot off the walk and driveway, hardly looks like we've been outside.

Seriously, I love the East Coast. I can't imagine living somewhere with mall weather year round.

13. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Looks like fun, as long as you're prepared (and I'm sure you're used to it).

14. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    It's all good:D

15. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I think we marylanders have adapted to most all weather conditions. We can take the cold and the heat.

My god-mother from California came here for a week around Easter a few years ago. I was in t-shirt and shorts, so was everyone else. But she was in a sweater and sweatpants :D

See people? Only living in Maryland will prepare you for the real world ;)

The snow is so deep now, my dog can't squat down to go to the bathroom! Poor girl :(

Looks like I gotta shovel the lawn:confused: I bet no one has ever had to do that before ;)

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I had a beagle runt for 16 years we had to shovel the lawn for... she HAD to go in her spot 150 feet from the back door :rolleyes:

I love Jersey weather for the reasons you MD peoples say... get snowed in a time or 2 a year, nice spring of shorts & tees in the day and sweats & jackets in the night. 100 degree summer days... beautiful foliage in the fall.

:cool: yea, I like the southern, North-East USA

btw, my road is GONE :eek: and the neighbor is cruising around on his ATV :D

17. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    guh. if we got snow like that in WI, i'd be packing my bags and moving south as we speak. we've gotten maybe a foot TOTAL this year, and i'm FINE with it.

/me is a weenie for snow.

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Reminds me of home a little. Now, see, in Alaska, that was your standard issue "Oh, gee, it snowed a little" snow. I love the snow and the cold and lack of humidity. Now, don't ask me why I'm living in Florida. I'ma moving up to Portland OR as soon as I graduate HS down here.

At least there snow is in their vocabulary. But Alaska...now THERE was snow. :)

19. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Not too long ago a TBer was boasting about the constant warm weather in CA
    and laughing at people on the East Coast and our cold winter weather.

I still don't get the joke. It's Winter, one of four distinct seasons we enjoy here.

Duh
    :bassist:

20. I live in Baltimore MD(USA) and lemme tell you...it is snowing like CARAZY! its suppose to go on into monday...I hope we have off tuesday too

Does anyone live in MD?

Is it snowing?

I went out in the snow,oh man...it's like walking with cement in your boots...It was fun playing in it though:cool:

-Jon:oops: :oops: