1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

East German upright double bass circa 1970 for sale in NYC

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by jazzbass72, Dec 23, 2004.

1. jazzbass72

jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    East German double bass circa 1970 for sale in New York City, as pictured below. I regret I cannot arrange to ship the bass myself, but you are welcome to get in touch with local bass shops like David Gage’s, and inquire how much they would charge for shipping the bass to where you live. I would be happy to bring the instrument to the shop and let them handle the shipping. If you live in the NYC area or can get here somehow, feel free to arrange a date and time to check it out in person at my place. Other than a few minor chips and scratches here and there, the bass is in great condition overall. David Gage polished and set up the bass professionally, added a new top of the line endpin and repaired two minor cracks. The top is made of two pieces of even grained spruce; the neck, ribs and round back are made of maple, and the fingerboard is made of solid ebony. The bass sports a beautiful red-brown varnish. I bought this bass a couple of months ago and I am just letting it go for mere financial reasons, otherwise I'd be more than happy to keep it.

The tone of this bass is loud, punchy and very well defined, bowed or plucked. This bass would be a perfect choice for players who don’t like using an amp on the gig...its big sound is guaranteed to keep up with the loudest drummers out there! However, the instrument does amplify well with a pick-up like the Realist (which is not included in the sale). It is currently strung with Thomastik Spirocore Weich strings. It has an Eb neck, and I believe the scale is a standard 41". The bass does not come with a case, so make sure you have one available for it. Feel free to get in touch with any questions you may have about the instrument by emailing me or calling 718 693-2903. My selling price is $6250, cash or cashier’s check only (sorry, no personal checks). Located in Brooklyn, Prospect Park B/Q train stop area.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jazzbass72

jazzbass72