1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

East MMSR 2 band in stingray HS setup?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by hambone1, Oct 17, 2013.

1. hambone1

hambone1

Sep 13, 2006
    I want to replace my 3 band eq to a 2 band John East preamp. However, my bass is the HS configuration. Would this cause any problems? i.e. lose neck pickup or ...

Thanks.

2. I haven't done it but have also considered it for my HH. As far as I'm aware the pre comes after the pickup selector switch so you should be all good to change it and keep the switch working.

From memory someone's done it in this thread before though - Music Man sound and pickups

3. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I put one in a HH. No issues, easy install.

4. Gasman

Gasman Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2007
    South Carolina
    I put a 3-band East MMSR pre-amp in an HH Ray I used to have. When the mid knob is set at the center detente, it's voiced as a 2-band. Plus, you get a sweepable mid knob AND internal switch that changes the frequency around which the mid is centered (low mid vs. upper mid). It was the most impressive pre-amp I've ever used. Wish I hadn't sold that one.

5. Jepus

Jepus

Apr 1, 2004
    Edinburgh
    For the two of you who put it in a Stingray HH, was it a complicated install? I'm considering getting one but if it's really hard to install I might pass.

6. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I cannot remember the details but it was definitely not complicated.

7. hambone1

hambone1

Sep 13, 2006
    Thanks for the replies... I think I will go ahead and try it..