1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

east u retro deluxe

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by milo, Apr 13, 2006.

1. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    I am thinking bout puting East u retro deluxe 5 knobs in my Cort RB4.
    Will it go with bart Mk1 ?
    Has anyone tried this before?

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I don't know how it would sound, but there's no reason it shouldn't work just fine functionally.

3. Dan Robbins

Dan Robbins Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Central CA
    That is an utterly amazing preamp. I have it in an Ibanez SR-505 5-turned-6-string with Bartolini mk1's in it and it just brought the bass to life. This instrument has in fact become my favorite of all, even my MTDs, because of its playability, sound, and versatile EQ. With the passive tone control that WORKS IN ACTIVE MODE, you can get get a fat tubby dubby sound with the turn of the knob; no more scramble-turn-the-bass-up-treble-down-adjust-volume madness. I don't find much use for the passive mode, since it's either neck pickup, or neck-and-bridge pickup, and has very little volume, at least with these pickups. The passive tone control works in this mode also, of course, which is useful. It's just so much quieter than active mode that I don't use it. The sweepable midrange control allows you to dial in the room just right. I love it, highly recommended, very high quality knobs as well. Expensive but worth it!!! :bassist:

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    another LOUD vote for the East preamps, especially the deluxes with the passive tone control
    amazing preamps!

5. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    Very amazing. It resurected my Peavey sarzo bass from ther dead.

6. Aarix

Aarix

May 19, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I don't know much about the East pre, but I have a Audere 3ZB that I'm getting ready to drop in my Cort RB5 this weekend along with some additional shielding. I was back and forth between Audere & East, and from everything I read/heard, there isn't a wrong answer between the two.

I'll put up some pictures with before & after sounds clips when I'm done. It will be interesting to see how much room for improvement there is with the existing pickups. Maybe you'll be able to learn from my mistakes (I'm sure there will be several).

7. brandonwong

brandonwong

Dec 16, 2003
    Hi AG, can you share your thoughts and preference between the audere and retro?
    I tried both and altho bothe are good... they ARE different.