1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

East-uk preamps

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by AidanHampson, May 18, 2012.

1. Hi,

Have you had much experience with these? I've noticed your name on their website.

I had the J-retro for a few years and love it, I've just ordered the P-retro hoping it's going to be just as good!

Do you use their products much?

Aidan

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    I had a J retro, and it was alright, since sold it. Don't know why they're using my name, though.

3. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,

My P-Retro is going into it's 2nd year of use in my 08 P5 and I'm still as happy as when I first got it. When playing passive the signal is straight up stock Fender Precision sound and when I engage active it's like being on steroids with no loss of the root Fender Precision sound. I think you're gonna be quite pleased with it.

Rezdog

4. Thanks. Justin's review of it is the only one I've read that is less than glowing...

5. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    That kind of sucks! I imagine that considering your profile because of some of the acts you work with that the manufacturers would be eager to list you as an endorser, Justin.

But I wonder, do you feel the need to be careful about what you say about some gear (here on TB in particular) because your comments may come across like some sort of an endorsement?