1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

US: Midwest Eastern Ohio GTG?

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by HamOnTheCob, Dec 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick, Mesa Boogie, Joyo, Dr. J, Levy's Leathers
    I'm pretty bummed I can't make it to NAMM this year, but there are other ways to hang out with fellow musicians and maybe check out a piece of gear or two.

I'm located in Cambridge, Ohio, which is where I-70 and I-77 meet.

1h 15m from Columbus, OH
    1h 49m from Cleveland, OH
    1h 45m from Pittsburgh, PA
    47m from Wheeling, WV
    57m from Parkersburg, WV

Would anyone be interested in getting together maybe in January or February? My place isn't huge but I can't imagine hundreds of interested parties. If even just a couple people show an interest, I'm in.

I have several basses, amps and cabs, a keyboard, acoustic and electric guitars and amps, a mandolin, a few effects, and possibly access to some other stuff, so a little bit of light jamming would be possible, or we can sit around talking shop and eating pizza.

Let me know if you're interested. I'm not a serial killer or anything, and I'd greatly appreciate it if you're not as well. LoL

Jacob

2. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    That's something only a serial killer would say. :)

A little too far of a drive for me. I'd love to hang out an talk bass. I know there a several peeps within range though.

HamOnTheCob likes this.
  3. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick, Mesa Boogie, Joyo, Dr. J, Levy's Leathers
    Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!

aproud1 likes this.
  4. jondiener

jondiener In the corner, staring at phone during break. Gold Supporting Member

Whether or not your GTG works out this winter, there's always the now-annual Tom Bowlus Bass Borg in Fremont, OH. I've not been to any yet, but hope to make it this year. And it sounds like it's going to be bigger and badder in 2017.

Check this thread for more about last year's event and info on coming events:
    David Ellefson in Fremont, Ohio, and Bowlus Bass Borg GTG, April 15

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I am sorry to say that the big event which we were planning has been put off for another year. The head of the music program at Terra left his position to pursue other musical projects, and this has left them short handed and a little frantic.

Bummer...