Eastman DeLuxe Bass Bag with wheels

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by wen1012, May 24, 2002.

1. wen1012

Jan 29, 2002
    I've find this bag on quinnviolins website. It look very good for transfer due to have wheels. Does anyone have use this bag ? If yes,how do you feel ?
  2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I know nothing of the bag, but having too much stuff hanging off the bag (like wheels) makes me think it would be too heavy. Why carry the wheels around when you're not using them?

In my bag I carry my bass, bow, little bag of necessities (Fast Fret, rosin) and a spare set of strings. Anything else goes in a backpack or shoulder bag. It's amazing how little weight it takes to make the bass a real chore to move around, leverage being the reason.
  3. I've seen a bag with built-in wheels - they were fairly small, hardly bigger than casters, and I thought that due to their size, they wouldn't be as effective as a regular 6" diameter wheel, especially on rougher surfaces. I think the bag was made by Eastman, and I had the opportunity to buy one, but I opted for the Mooradian, which (IMHO) is much better made, although more expensive.

Hope this helps -

- Wil
  4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Fast Fret? Is that some kind of Slab Soap?
  5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Most certainly from the Slab world. I got this from Steve Gilmore when he came thorugh my home town with Phil Woods back when I was still in high school. I've always been kinda sweaty/grimy and the stuff cleans and 'pre-sweats' the strings for me. Brightens up an old set of strings pretty well, too.
  6. I never thought of using Fast Fret on an upright, but might try it. You know what I use instead?
    WD-40...that's right...I gotta go to their website and post it for 'use of the day'.

A big can of WD-40 is a lot cheaper than Fast Fret. I haven't seen the 'ingredients' for Fast Fret, but I bet it's a similar composition to WD-40.

You only need 2 tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it needs to move and don't, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.
  7. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Steve Gilmore, now THERE'S a bass player...
    Some luthiers might take exception to using WD-40 anywhere near an instrument, apparently due to the possiblity of nasty interactions with certain finishes, and possibly making future repairs difficult. I seem to remember references to this in my dusty old brain, so take it for what it's worth (next to nothing).
  8. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    Funny thing I was just wondering if Fastfret would work on a real bass. I've used it on electric bass and guitars just never thought of using it on a real bass. Now I got to go try it.