1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eastwood Classic 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Al Florenzo, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Al Florenzo

Al Florenzo

Sep 19, 2011
    So I've been hearing a lot of good things about this bass and I think it just looks gorgeous. So I've been wondering how the sound would fit my playing style and music so I decided to come here and see if someone has experience with it. I play a P-bass and I hit it pretty hard and that's why I think the sound might be a bit too warm and "tubby" for me, so I'd like to ask if you can get a sort of twangy sound with some edge in it. Can you guys tell me of your experiences with different playing styles, strings etc? Much appreciated!

2. I have an Eastwood Club bass and it is a great instrument. I have LaBella Beatle flatwounds on it, and it NAILS the 60s vibe and tone. I suppose you can play the model you want harder and put roundwounds on it. But I am not sure what style of music you play. They are nice instruments for the money.

3. Blah.... wrong titling... ignore that...

The Eastwood Classic 4 is rad. It IS a shortscale though, and by nature, CAN be thumpy... but i think that can be handled with a good amp EQ.

Eastwood also has a reputation for wishy-washy QC... some are GREAT... and some are not great at all. Unfortunately, they also aren't something readily available to go and try out.

Their bridges can also be problematic, and i would think this would be exacerbated by heavy picking...

I love the aesthetic of them too... but i've gotten better tones out of the Gretsch Electromatic... and to a different degree an Epiphone Jack Cassidy sig. The latter is a GREAT picking bass.

4. [​IMG]

More thump than twang certainly.
    Mine has a particularly weak bridge pickup.

Try before you buy.

5. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    does look sweet though....

6. Al Florenzo

Al Florenzo

Sep 19, 2011
    thanks for the input guys! i need to think about this for some time, but thankfully (i guess) i don't think i'll have the money to get one anytime soon, so i'll have a lot of time to think it over :D