SOLD Eastwood classic 5 string hollowbody ala Gretsch..mint cond.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by road-cat1, Apr 27, 2021.

1. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    If Gretsch made a 5 string hollowbody, this would be it. This is a true collector's item. I am the original owner and bought it in 2017-2018. It has not even been played on a gig. In brand new condition!!! body 1.jpg This has been "eye candy" for me in my home music office and I have only played it a handful of times. This is a short scale bass ala Gretsch. 2 vol, 1 tone. It has D'Addario chromes (flatwound) on it and very low action with NO buzzes, rattles, or any issues of any kind. They only produced a very small limited quantity of these bass guitars by special order and you will NOT find another one used or new anywhere. Weight is 8.1 on digital postal scale: PLAYS AND SOUNDS GREAT!!!
    I will probably regret selling this as you can NOT find another one for sale or buy one new. I have a new custom made bass on order and need to free up some cash to help with my purchase so no trades at this time. $800 will get this delivered to you CONUS. Comes with a nicely padded EASTWOOD gig bag and will be packed well for travel to your welcome arms!

Body: Bound Laminated Maple, Maple Top, Bound F-Holes

Colours: Black, Walnut

Pickups: Dual EW-Retro Humbuckers

Switching: 3-Way

Controls: 2 Volume 1 Tone

Bridge: Wood Floating, Trapeze Tail

Neck: Bound Maple, SET neck

Finger Board: Rosewood, Sharks Teeth Inlays

Scale Length: 30 1/2"

Width at the Nut: 1 5/8"

Hardware: Gotoh style Style Nickel/Chrome

Strings: #45-#130 Long Scale

body 2.jpg back.jpg headstock.jpg full standing image.jpg eastwood in gig bag.jpg angle.jpg closeup.jpg

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  2. HotelX

HotelX Supporting Member

Neat!

road-cat1 likes this.
  3. Blunder

Blunder Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Fort McMurray, AB
    video?

4. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    I don't think that a video from my cellphone would demonstrate the sound of the bass. I will see if I can record some audio clips tomorrow with my very basic setup. (Focusrite Scarlett into Audacity).

5. dangevans

dangevans

Mar 26, 2014
    So, a 5 string short scale? Very intriguing.... Is the 5th string quite floppy, or do they have it constructed in a way where that is not an issue?

6. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    The B string is not "floppy" at all. Although it is a short scale from the bridge to the nut, it is 34" from the nut to trapeze bridge opening where the ball end of the string is. The only thing that is "short scale" is that the frets are slightly closer to each other as in other short scale basses. It takes regular bass guitar strings NOT short scale bass strings.

7. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    PM sent

8. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    sold pending payment

9. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    This baby is headed to the Chicago area (my home town---so maybe it is meant to be)! PM sent to NBSIPICS

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021