1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eastwood Univox Bass Neck Dimensions Compared to a Univox Hi-Flyer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Din Of Win, Oct 29, 2018.

1. EDIT: Sorry MODs, i'm an idiot. I don't know why i posted in Effects when this should be in Basses :(

Hey all!

My main bass has been a '74 Univox Hi-Flyer for a while now. A few years ago i got an Eastwood Hi-Flyer. While i love the bass, the necks on both of these things is like night and day. The Univox Hi-Flyer has a very slim neck, while the Eastwood Hi-Flyer has one of the fattest and chunkiest necks i have ever played.

Here are my Univox Hi-Flyer and Eastwood Hi-Flyer basses:

upload_2018-10-29_9-32-3.

Now, to make this thread very confusing, Eastwood is selling a "Univox Bass". The neck seems different than the Univox Hi-Flyer... the Eastwood Hi Flyer is a set neck with rosewood fingerboard, while the Eastwood Univox is bolt on and a maple fingerboard.

Here's the 'Eastwood Univox Bass':

upload_2018-10-29_9-32-48.

Since these don't really show up in any stores in my area, i was hoping one of y'all might have tried the Eastwood Univox Bass out and could tell me how the neck compares to a Univox Hi-Flyer.

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018