easy but hard to play

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Antipop, Oct 7, 2005.

1. My Lado.

The first time you play this thing, it fights back, and it's hard to play. Once you get used to it... it becomes the easiest thing to play. Playing other basses seem hard to play.

If I don't play it for a month, that bass becomes hard again for a day or so.

Anyone else have a bass like this?
  2. Tryxx

Tryxx Sputnik Forums: Bass Mod

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    Quality of basses makes a big difference. On cheaper basses that are almost physically not able to be set up as well as higher end ones, they can be a bit harder to play. But usually I find it's just a finger strength thing. After playing my 8 string pretty much exclusively for a couple months I thought it made me 4 a breeze. And after playing my Quantum for awhile I feel like I'm going to snap any other neck in half.
  3. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    My Ric 4003. If i don't play it for a while it feels strange 'cos its so different to my other basses. Once I get used to it again, plays like a dream.

SR4 just the opposite for me - feels great when you pick it up, after 10 minutes I want to go back to a Jazz.
  4. the thing about the Lado is drop from the fretboard to body. The drop is huge at least just over twice the normal drop. so it feels kinda funky. Once you are used to it (or play with proper technique :ninja: ) then it is the easiest thing to play. Sounds absolutely amazing too IMO