Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Easy" Ed Fuqua

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Roark Haver, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Ed must still be around, he has an interview with Ben Allison submitted on the home page.

Ed, if you read this, great job.

Thanks!

2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    :eek:

Well, I always suspected he was lurking... either that or he never left - he just changed user name to Mike Money

:eek: :eek:

;)

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yea, you can't just STOP TB, stop posting maybe, but, even if he DOESN'T lurk, that interview shows that he was still thinking about TB.

pretty :cool:.

4. Posted by Matthew Bryson

Wouldn't that be some sort of demon possession! Truely a fate worse than death.

5. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Ed,
    Nice interview. Good writing, as usual.

donziovani

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    KungFuqua!

...just picked up Jeff Silverbush's Pojo with Mr. Ed on bass.
    Check out www.cdbaby.com

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Very nice job on the interview, Ed.

If someone isn't up on Allison & where he's at...Ed's article is a good primer.
    So, if you're the kinda listener that's into some nice ensemble playing(e.g. Mingus' Changes 1 &/or Changes 2)-
    Check out Allison's band.
    Up there with Dave Holland's current 5-tet, IMO.

8. He's here still, I have this feeling, oh wait, I just have to poop....Be back in a few.

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yes - I have two of his CDs - great stuff!!

I was actually loaned a copy of his first CD by a female alto sax player I met at Jazz Summerschool, so he is liked by non DB'ers as well!! ;)