1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Easy fit tuners for a SX Jazz 5

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by slaerts, Sep 15, 2008.

1. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    Can anyone recomend a brand or two of tuners that are quick and easy to fit into a SX Jazz bass its a 4 + 1 head stock? And where do you get them from?

I know there is a whole bunch of options out there but my local shops are no good for parts so I will have to mail order the tuners and want to avoid problems and returns etc. They don't need to be the best or most expensive, just reliable. Would greatly pref chrome/silver.

2. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    Unless you want to fill holes, your best bet is to stick with SX. I'd try the TB classifieds first. Seeing as your in Austrailia your only opstacle is shipping, am I right? You could ask Kurt at Rondo too. I think the only other alternative, those tuners that aren't too large, would be Squier. I know that Fender and Wilkensen are too large.