1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Easy Metallica Songs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by jsbass, Nov 17, 2006.

1. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    Name some real easy Metallica tunes to play to.

2. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    Enter Sandman maybe.
    Nothing else Matters.
    Hero of the Day.
    One.
    Just suggesstions

3. richard simmons

richard simmons

Jul 20, 2006
    For whom the bell tolls is a great song, simple to play.

4. for whom the bell tolls and seek and destroy both very easy to play but great songs :)

5. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    Many of them...

6. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Yeah pretty much all of them. Even the old stuff, unless you can't keep up to speed, is relatively simple.

Great stuff to learn as a beginning bassist and guitarist. Drums probably too, except nothing Lars has ever done is noteworthy so scratch that. ;)

7. Most of 'Tallicas songs are easy... try For Whom The Bell Tolls.

8. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    Yeah, I've already mastered For Whom The Bell Tolls though. It's getting pretty boring to play now.

Fade To Black is sooo easy to play yet it sounds great, one of my favs on bass.

9. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    I really havent seen any really hard songs, most are pretty easy, but if you want really easy, try Enter Sandman-

10. MistaMarko

MistaMarko

Feb 3, 2006
    USA
    My bass playing's foundation is Metallica.

Some first songs I learned were Fade To Black, Nothing Else Matters, lot of the other Black Album basslines.

After awhile I picked up more speed metal things like Master Of Puppets and Hit The Lights.

I also set aside a long term project to learn all of Anesthesia bass solo. After about 4 months I got the whole thing, and it's a blast to play. I recommend learning that one if you can, although it's not really easy, I'm just saying.

11. animal52

animal52

Jul 1, 2006
    DC area
    +1

12. how hard is the pulling teeth solo?

13. richard simmons

richard simmons

Jul 20, 2006
    It takes a long time for a beginner to learn. It's challanging, but you can do it if you take it slow and practice over and over. In the end, it's a great piece to show off to friends and have in your repertoire.

14. D Von

D Von

Nov 13, 2005
    Rhode Island
    Orion is an awesome song to learn. Cliff's solo is so fun to play and didn't take all that long to pretty much get down. I think some of the rythem sections are harder to play than the solo.

15. Pulling teeth is not that hard but he uses like a distortion/wah-wah that can make things kinda tricky at bits. It is definatly worth a go though ;)

16. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    I've been playing Pulling Teeth for so many stinkin' years now I don't remember how hard it was to learn the first go round.

Either way it's great to learn, everybody with a distortion pedal probably should.

17. El-Bob

El-Bob

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    WHY HAS NO ONE MENTIONED RIDE THE LIGHTNING YET? it's an awesome song to play on bass!

18. Corona_Clyde

Corona_Clyde

Sep 10, 2006
    "Until it Sleeps" is pretty easy. Just remember to tune every string down a half step.

19. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    Fuel
    No Leaf Clover
    Sanatarium
    I Disappear (quite possibly the easiest of all)

20. bluetiejeeper

bluetiejeeper

Oct 24, 2006
    danville CA
    how about the one song newstead wrote, my friend of missery. very fun song to play. good picking hand exercise IMO.