1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Easy on the fingers

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Spent, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Long story short, my fingers are a little sensitive following gigs. This doesn't happen after practice, so I must dig in a little more during shows. My band members do have great stage presence and it's contagious. I'm looking for strings that are easy on the fingers, if such a thing exists.

I've use D'Addario Chromes and love them on my fretless but not on my fretted, so flats are not an option. I prefer a warm, fat tone and don't care for a a lot of zing, but don't want it to be dull either. My favorite amp setup is a SansAmp bddi, bass and treble on one o'clock, presence off and blend on full through a MarkBass CMD 102p set flat. Yes, I like a scooped sound. I play a Spector Euro 4xl and Spector Legend p/j. We play tunes that range from Brick House to Bon Jovi to Blurred Lines (not proud of that one) to Metallica to RATM. In other words, we have a array of music we can choose from depending on the venue and audience reaction. This may be tmi. Either way, any suggestions would be welcome.

2. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

Smith compression wound