Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Easy song to play for beginners

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by NiZire, Dec 24, 2002.

1. NiZire

NiZire

Oct 3, 2002
    I am new to bass and want to learn some easy songs to play.......

The only song I have managed to play thru by now is Zombie by Cranberries....

If some of you have some suggestions ??

2. NiZire

NiZire

Oct 3, 2002
    some months... 2 months maybe or so....

Its the same....I just want a song with not so hard timing and not so long tablature if you see.... just like zombie....

3. BASS_PLAYERS

BASS_PLAYERS

Mar 3, 2001
    Ada, Ok
    Opus Pocus is always a good one:)...... But if you really want a good beginner song, just pick something out that you like and learn it by ear. The best thing for you to learn is TAB IS EVIL! I am tired of playing with guitar players who learn everything off of tab and drummers will tell you that having a bass player that can play by ear is much beter than one that relies on tab. So lock yourself in your room, tune up, and learn some songs!

4. fenderbass1214

fenderbass1214 Guest

Oct 29, 2002
    California
    Chick Magnet is a good song and fun song.

5. just_a_poser

just_a_poser

Apr 20, 2002
    Not so long tablature?

You're not going to get better playing things you know you can play. Learn some blues runs. Those are pretty easy, but I always have a blast playing blues with another talented musician.

6. My Girl by The Temptations

Simple. Fun. Easy.

7. The first song I learned was Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden. I had a hard time keeping up wth the tempo throught the whole song (I played with my fingers - although not anymore - and I hadn´t developed my finger muscles as much yet). However I still use the intro (the part where the first vocals come in) as a warm-up exercise at those occasions I am about to play with my fingers and not pick. I still find it kind of fun to play :) But that is if you are into metal...

8. Jeb

Jeb

Jul 22, 2001
    USA
    I think that anything by Bob Seger is simple to learn and fun to play.

9. basschik88

basschik88

Dec 25, 2002
    I'm new to the bass too and Nirvana, Come As YOu Are, is pretty easy --That was the first song i learned to play and it didn't take to long

10. deadweeds

deadweeds

Oct 28, 2002
    Harbor Beach,MI
    I'm new to bass as well and Come As You Are was also the first song I learned to play.....