EB 0 3 String Spacing Gibson or Epiphone SG bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Treebeard, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Treebeard

Treebeard

Jun 5, 2016
    Cary, NC
    Bear Light Symphony, TimepeaceNC Band
    First post in a while, my good humans!

Could anyone bless me with what string spacing you use on your EB basses? If you could include what model you have and/or what bridge you use, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Epiphone EB 0 with Hipshot Supertone bridge.

Never measured it but I didn't notice a change in string spacing with the Hipshot bridge.

Treebeard likes this.
  3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Gibson EB-3 with stock Babicz bridge 51 mm or 17 mm on center strings

Treebeard likes this.
  4. I have an Epi EB3 and a JC. Those numbers match the measurements I just took on the stock 3 point bridges that are on both of them.

Treebeard likes this.
  5. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    To be honest I don't even notice the difference between the 19 mm on center of the the Squier VM Jazz and the 17 mm of the Gibsin EB 3. My Squier is a maple body and feels like it weighs twice as much though. What really grabs my attention is the weight difference.

Treebeard likes this.
  6. I have everything from an Ibanez 6 string and wide spaced 5 strings to a short scale, narrow spaced Teisco 4 string. I don't really have any issues switching back and forth. I'm not out gigging every weekend, either but even when I was playing more it didn't really bother me.

Well, I take that back, if I haven't played the 6 string for a while I can get a little lost on it if I'm not concentrating but that's not because of the string spacing.

Treebeard likes this.