Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EB 0 or EB 3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by timmyleary, Jul 2, 2001.

1. timmyleary

timmyleary

Jul 2, 2001
    US
    have any of you had experiences with the epiphone EB-0 or EB-3? i am looking into buying one of them and wonder if you think the EB-3 is worth the extra money.

2. I'd say go with the eb-3. The extra picup and expanded electronics would surely be worth the money. Also, the EB-0 is short scale, 30" I think while the EB-3 is full 34". One thing to consider is the issue of balance. SGs are possibly the worst balanced guitars and basses you can buy.

3. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Yeah they are.. broke the headstock off mine ... ok it was a guitar.. but still. But I didn't follow the keep your hands on it at all times law.

4. timmyleary

timmyleary

Jul 2, 2001
    US
    thanks for the oppions , i was kinda leaning towards the eb-3 and now i think i am for sure about getting

5. I would definatly go with the EB3. The EB0 is only capable of producing mass amounts of mud. I think it would sound a lot better with another pickup closer to the bridge.

6. The EB-3 by far. I played one a few months ago, and it's a pretty nice bass, except for the balance issue. It's got a 3 way pickup selector as well as individual volume and tone controls for each pup so you can get a good combo of sounds out of it. The bridge pup soloed starts to enter Jazz bass territory. It's got a nice 60s type tone. If you get one, keep your hands on the neck at all times; these guys like to dive for the floor.

Mike J.

7. Oh, yeah, and don't get a leather strap with a rough side. I was playing my cousin's G400 guitar with a strap like I just described and it would pull your whole shirt sideway. And that was with a short guitar neck, too.

8. On the subject of Gibsons, what are people's experiences/opinions on the SG-Z basses?