1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EB-0 players! Distance between the bridge saddles and the neck pickup poles??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Jun 13, 2012.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I'm going to be installing an EB-0 type pickup on my bass and I want to put it as close as possible to the correct position. What's the distance between the bridge saddles and the neck pickup poles?

2. Well, on my Epi (shortscale) it's about 17/18 cm. Couldn't measure it very closely though.

But may I suggest to place it as close to the neck as possible? Because THAT's the EB-0 type of sound.

3. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Thanks! It's going to be pretty close to the neck because there isn't too much space between the current neck pup and the neck - I just didn't want to have it too far forward and have it be unnecessarily tubby sounding. I really want to try and get this sound. I know it's running throug a gainey amp, but even clean it would sound great!

4. I once heard they plugged their basses into a guitar amp. A VOX AC30. That might explain the gainy and overwoofyness.

I can assure you, with an EB-0 you can't get too tubby... Trough a good amp and with flats I will be boomy and low whatsoever, a couple of centimeters more or less isn't going to make a huge difference, I think.

5. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I'm installing it in a G&L L2000 Tribute bass, so I should be able to combine the EB-0 with a strong single coil sound for a big EB-3 sound!

6. 17-18cm ? Should be post 1972 model.
    Mine from 69 has 9 3/4", which located right next to neck, around 25 cm.