1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EB-0 with mustang parts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kevinjones, Mar 28, 2013.

1. kevinjones

kevinjones

Dec 4, 2001
    So I bought an epiphone eb-0 for $199 and I want to mod it. was thinking of putting a mustang bridge and pickups on it. I'll have to manufacture a full pickguard of course but was wondering if it would sound as fantastic as I'm hoping also, I can't find proper mustang bass drawings online, need to know where to place the pickups exatly, I plan on keeping the mudbucker.:bassist:

2. I'd just go with a regular P pickup, if it were me. and a Hipshot bridge.

3. kevinjones

kevinjones

Dec 4, 2001
    I kinda like the way a mustang sounds plus i was keeping in line with the whole short scale motif.

4. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    As a man who has taken apart far to many inexpensive instruments I will say unless your main goal is to be different and you are totally dedicated to that it is probably a better idea to simply buy a Squier VM Mustang bass.

Finding a Mustang Bass bridge itself will be costly.

5. kevinjones

kevinjones

Dec 4, 2001
    I'm not married to the mustang bridge, just want something other than the 3 bolt that's on it. I'm just wondering if the mustang pickups would be an improvement really.

6. kevinjones

kevinjones

Dec 4, 2001
    the place i bought it from said they'd give me full credit towards a squire but that would mean spending another $100 on top of that. I like the feel of the eb-0, just want to improve the tone.

7. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    There may be a way to mod the mudbucker to expand and un-muddy your tonal options. I don't have the info handy but it is worth looking for. It might cost you nothing more than a soldering iron ans a toggle switch.