1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EB-1/3 set up?

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by buster57, Jan 1, 2012.

1. buster57

buster57

Nov 26, 2011
    This is my first post to the board so sorry if I am in the wrong place…
    I have been playing Gibson EB-o and EB-2D and now play a ‘T’ Bird with my Marshall amps. I play progressive hard rock.

I am looking for an EB-1 but can only find them for about $4k used. Well, in 1970 I should have bought a Felix Pappalardi version for $320 and have been kicking myself in the rear ever since…

Questions: I am in the process of contacting the Gibson custom shop and want an EB-1 but with the thin ‘T’ Bird thick neck in a 34” scale. Has anyone ever seen the EB-1 with the -3 pickup arrangements? I like the ‘thud’ of the EB at full throttle through a Marshall (and V-188H Sunn bottom). I do not think Gibson ever made one? If so was it ‘EB-1D’?

Secondly, and ultimately I may need to ask the Gibson people, will the addition of the small pickup effect the sound of the guitar? If so I may just stick to the EB-1 as is with a longer and rocket speed / thin neck.

Thanks!

2. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    try some boutigue builder. Gibson will charge an obscene amount, assuming they would do such. will be a big neck diver.