EB-3 cases?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FD3YES, Jul 28, 2020.

1. FD3YES

FD3YES

Sep 20, 2018
    US
    What's the best way to protect an EB-3 clone? I want an SKB Electric Bass Soft Case but I don't know if it would fit an EB-3 or if it has enough protection. Do EB-3s fit in normal cases? Would the SKB soft case protect the headstock?

2. west al

west al Road Rex (Road King) Supporting Member

You may want to try out the Epiphone EB-3 case. The Epi EB-3 case, has the same basic design that handles both the Epi Long Scale EB-3, and the Epi Short Scale EB-0. A pretty well made case too. I use one for my Epi EB-0.

C1u3XHy.jpg

Rocker949, Sin Nis and FD3YES like this.
  3. FD3YES

FD3YES

Sep 20, 2018
    US
    I assumed that wouldn't work because the Gibson EB-3 is short scale but if it fits the Epi EB-0 then it should be fine. That's good to know.

MrNylon likes this.
  4. west al

west al Road Rex (Road King) Supporting Member

No problem. Good luck on the case search. :bassist:

5. Jeff Hughes

Jeff Hughes

May 3, 2020
    I found an open box Epi Eb case for about 100. Just a warning though: the part of the case where the headstock rests is comically large. I can carry my iPad comfortably under the headstock for a size reference.

6. msb

msb

Jul 3, 2002
    Halifax,N,S. Canada
    IMG_5839.JPG My Les Paul DC Jr bass fits in a Les Paul guitar hardshell case , I suspect the SG bass might too !

FD3YES and SubHuman like this.
  7. FD3YES

FD3YES

Sep 20, 2018
    US
    I actually have a Les Paul clone that I was gonna get a hardshell for so if it fits I don't need another case.

8. msb

msb

Jul 3, 2002
    Halifax,N,S. Canada
    The Jr is close ! But it's a snug fit .

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022