EB Group III

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FirewalZ, Apr 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    Im experimenting with different String on my Stingray and I decided to try these.
    I have a 1996 Stingray 3-band with Basslines pickup/preamp, its always been an aggressive/sizzely sounding bass and hasn't had much playing time in recent years as Ive been favoring passive Fenders. However, I really dig the tone it gets with flats! I have an old set of LaBella 760-FL's on it now, they sound good just maybe a bit too scooped or dark. Im giving the Group III's a try, anyone have these on a Stingray?

2. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    Bump....I haven't seen too many posts, vids or clips on the Group III's?

3. Abner

Abner

Jan 2, 2011
    Mississauga
    The regular Ernie Ball flats don't get a lot of mention 'round these parts. But I've tried all manner of flats, and I find the EB flats (Group I for me, I do tune down to D-standard) to be among the best, perhaps even my overall favorite.

But, alas, I do not have them on a Stingray, but rather on a fretless Roadster and a fretless Vantage.

FirewalZ likes this.
  4. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    So they came in...and i promptly put them on my Stingray. Ill hold off final judgment until about a month or so, all flats sound a bit "off" fresh out of the package, these are no acception. The strings that came off were very old DTF's 760FL, on this bass they were a bit too scooped and dark for me. The Group III's out of the package are a bit brite and have an upper mid bite...ill give them a few weeks and see how they settle it.