Eb/MM ray, for yammaha trbp6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Circus, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Hello all, I have an opportunity to do a strait trade for my stingray 4, honeyburst with tort pickguard, for a yammaha trbp6. Would you do it? I attached some pics, tell me what you think. I really want a 6 stringer, but I am pretty sentimental and have a hard time getting rid of instruments. the musicman can be found at :
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  3. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Keep the Ray. Best basses for the money. I've sold two of them, and I was crying a week later. Save up for the Yamaha if you can.
  4. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    I wouldn't do it.
  5. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Yamaha TRB6Ps are on ebay all the time. They are great instruments (IMO) but the used market for TRB series gear seems to favor the buyer even when you're buying locally.

I'd just save up, especially since you are sentimental and that's a great looking Stingray.
  6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The Yamaha is just as good as the Stingray, but financially, the trade does not make sense. Keep the Stingray and save for the Yamaha or some other six.
  7. kansas666

Sep 20, 2004
    You would actually trade away a Stingray????!!!

Maybe for a Porche.
  8. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    Keep the Stingray. Or at least that's my opinion. It's the greatest bass I've ever played and I consider myself lucky to own one.
  9. Yeah, I think I will wait untill its tax return season :)