Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EB-MM Sterling... TRADE?!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by pmkelly, May 29, 2004.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I just got this bass about a month ago, and it turns out that a sterling isn't really the bass for me... So here it goes back around the loop! It's a killer bass that plays well, and sounds amazing! Just not my cup of tea... I just got a brand new MM case for it, the SKB case, and the bass is in great condition... I am asking 800$ for it, or a trade. What am I looking for in a trade? glad that you asked...

Laklands:55-02's, 44-02's (would love one with with Basslines), JO4s (minus the j retro option, please) maybe a LPB Bob Glaub?

Fenders, j basses, p basses, I generally like them all....

Warwicks, streamers and corvettes...

Got a Sadowsky to get rid of? Maybe someone with a metro they already want to pass on? I would trade the sterling and another bass for it... something to think about...

I would definately go with a Stingray....

Other stuff? please let me know what you got! I am always open to offers.... I am willing to trade up, and can include basses, possibly some gear, or cash to make a trade happen...

if you look up my user name (pmkelly) on ebay, you can see that I am a trustworthy fellow.... so please let me know what you got!

P@

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    pm back atcha!

P@

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Still available, and now for sale @ 800$... things change fast, and I need the money...

P@

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    bumpalicious...

P@

5. Big K

Big K

Mar 3, 2004
    Summerville SC
    I am interested. I live in Charleston SC though. Any scratches or problems with it? I am interested. Send me any more info if you can. Maybe we can work a deal.

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Big K, an email will be on it's way to you shortly!

P@

7. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
  8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    just a few more days, and off to ebay!

P@

9. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    it is going to ebay on Sunday....

P@

10. odie

odie Supporting Member

Ok I forgive you for stealing the Odie avatar and brandishing it for almost a year....its ok!!

How about a Tobias Renegade 4 string USA of course. See thru red finish. Barts etc, slap contour, phase or parallel switch(??). SKB case.

Plus a $100 to sweeten the deal.

11. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I thought you would never forgive me for the avatar theft... and I don't think it was a year, maybe a day or two at the most.... :bag: :D

got some pics handy of the Tobias?

P@

12. odie

odie Supporting Member

Lets see hear....

13. odie

odie Supporting Member

It is a really nice bass. Very nice action. I am happy keeping it but I have never played a Sterling. Owned a couple rays. I dug'em, but I fell in love with the feel of my Modulus.

14. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I am putting some thought towards your Tobias.... I have not put my sterling on ebay ye. Could you maybe ship me some more pics to my email? pmkelly@kc.rr.com

Also, do you have a case for it? Thanks...

P@

15. odie

odie Supporting Member

Unfortunately I dont have a Digital camera. Those were taken by a previous owner. If you really need more I can snag one, but it may take a few days. Also it is pretty much a mint bass. There maybe something making it not mint but I cant recall anything. It still had plastic on the control cover etc.

Yes I have an almost new SKB hardshell for it.

16. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    let me think about it for a little bit....

P@