1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD EB/MM StingRay5, Fretless, Lefty, Left-Handed

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lefty007, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    SOLD!

I have for sale an EB/MM StingRay 5-string left-handed bass, made in USA, 1997, serial number L58449, honey burst finish over premium ash body, birdseye maple neck and pauferro fretboard, fretless with lines. Bass is in mint condition. I have only played this bass in the studio since new. The fretboard has only the slightest marks from strings. I’ve had it strung with flats most of it’s life, but it now has a brand-new set of EB/MM Slinkys. The only flaw I can find is a small nick by the forearm countour (see pics - the nick is the white spot, other lines in the picture are reflections), otherwise this bass is like new. This bass is exceptionally light for a StingRay 5, weighing only 9.5 lbs; the birdseye maple neck (not available anymore) is just beautiful. Both the ash body and the pauferro fretboard show very nice, rich grain. Additionally, the bass comes with an upgraded deluxe case (not the typical plastic EB/MM case, but a plush $180 tolex case). All the case candy is also there, including case key, truss rod hex wrench, warranty sheet, and a 1997-era EB/MM catalog. Current list price for this bass is $2350 – Current actual street price is around $1700 and a 6-month wait.

Selling price $1050

I accept Paypal from USA buyers and when shipping to a confirmed address. All others please pay via USPS money order. Buyer pays insured shipping via Fedex ($50). International buyers may pay via wire transfer to my bank account (Canadian buyers may send a US$ money order). Please contact me with your country, city, and postal code for a shipping estimate.

I have extensive eBay feedback for reference.

PM me with any questions.

Thanks!

Click on the link below for more pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/LeftyBasses/ForSale

Attached Files:

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Carlos, you know you're killin' me, right? I've got a bit of a weak spot for SR5s ya know.

Are you gonna sell anything else?

Alan

3. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Nope. I hope!

Well, I have a highly collectable, mint 1958 lefty Fender P-Bass which was photographed for the same year Fender catalog. It was a gift from a Japanese Fender collector to Jimmy Haslip (you know they love the Yellowjackets in Japan). Jimmy is a good friend of mine and sold it to me for an incredible price.

And I also have a 1983 custom shop Yamaha BB3000 neck-through. All original, it even has inscripted "Custom Left-Hand" in the back of the headstock, and the signature of Hiramoto Kishoshima, head of the custom shop at that time.

Just kidding. I have a wild imagination. :D

4. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

5. avid

avid born lefty

Jun 22, 2005
    Ashland, Oregon USA
    Buuuummmmp!

6. Wow! That's cool!

7. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    The bass of my dreams! The money just isn't there right now.

:(

8. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Free Bump

9. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Arrrrggggg! I am racking my brains to come with a way to take this off your hands!

If it wasn't for all those damm pedals I bought this year!

Sorry, I'm sure my frustration isn't helping you sell this bass.

I will be keeping this one in mind if by some chance, some opportunity to pay for it comes my way! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.