EB-O or 2 or 3 or even an epiphone bass pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by 74rickbass, Feb 12, 2003.

1. I know alot of people replace there gibson EB-O and EB-3's pickup with a dimarzio's or what ever so,
    I was wondering if anyone would sell there original pickup?

I really want one, on Ebay, there pretty expensive.
  2. Is it the big huge pickup for the neck position you're after?

Please say no, I'm looking to change the smaller bridge position pup on my EB3....

Why don't you try Gibson or Epiphone themselves?
  3. Acctully, the one I'm looking for is the big one.
    I see them around on ebay and such, but for me their way too expensive.

Like on ebay there's one that's B.I.N. 49.99 US, and I live in canada, so that's probably like $70, also, I also seen one on Ebay for like $99.00.

So, I was wondering, since most people hated that pickup, they would only want a couple bucks for theirs.

Oh and just in case your wondering, I was planning to put one in a P-bass. (I had that idea before I even heard of billy sheehan!)
  4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I believe those are known as "sidewinder" pickups. I have one but it is not for sale.
  5. People hate them? I love mine!!

(So, no, it's not for sale, sorry)

I've thought about putting such a pickup in a p-bass before, or a fretless anything, just to see what it'd sound like.

6. I'm not sure if this would help.
  7. Ooooooooh that's pretty neat, and it's nice to know they're out there.

Though I'm actually looking at Seymour Duncans or something, ones that have a *much* more controlled sound, that distort well.

I think, I know what kinda sound I want, I just don't know what I need for there.
  8. See, that's why I said "I'm not sure if this would help"

I wasn't sure if you wanted a differernt or better sound from you EB-3 pickup, or yours was broken.
    cause, if you put that pickup in, you probably wouldn't hear a difference.
  9. Thanks anyway, man.

The fact that you even went to the trouble of finding a link for me, thank you.
  10. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    In the past I was thinking the same thing, install my old EBO pu in a P bass. My thought was to put it in the Musicman Sweetspot. One major problem, string spacing. The EBO pu was way to narrow to match up with the P bass string spacing. As far as finding one cheap, good luck. Many folks out there trying to put the original back in their EBs are willing to pay well for them. I sold mine for $100. I've been VERY happy with the DiMarzio I replaced it with 28 years ago. Not near as boomey and the in and out of phase switch provides many more tonal variations. If I haven't detered you yet, you might place ads at Harmony Central, bassgear.com, Vintage guitar, or here? As always YMMV :bag: