Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EB-O pickup finally in my schecter P-bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 74rickbass, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Well, I finally got my EB-O pickup in my schecter P-bass... original thread It took long enough but, it's in.
    well...I didnt have my soldering iron working so, I just wired it straight to the jack, so, its always on... but it's ok, I will get it wired in soon.
    How does it sound???...well...MUDDY!!!
    It's great!!!

I when I put the bridge pickup and the EB-O pickup, it sounds kinda hollow, kinda like a rickenbacker. EB-O pickup and P pickup sound really FAT!

well, I'm happy, but I'll be alot happier when I wire it in right.

I'd get pics if I had a digi camera...I have a gig soon and I'm getting someone to take pics, so, I'll post a pic, after we play.

2. I can get sound clips if you want

3. Sounds cool! I would like to hear those clips..........:bassist: :cool:

greetz Stefan:bassist:

4. I'll try to make them and get them posted later today

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Hey, I just threw an EB-O in my MIM P with EMG's today and I love it! (Don't worry, I'll start my own thread)

6. tplyons!!...how does it sound???

Lets make this a mud loving thread!!!

Mine sounds very cool...not sure how useful it would be live (but thats why there is a volume knob) but in the studio, I could see situations where it would be great.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Mine's nice and bassy (Basie? but I need a pianist! But it's only twelve inches!! lol I need sleep) anyway, it sounds great, not too muddy through my GK if you ask me. I'm using Billy's signature Rotosounds on this puppy and it plays great, sounds great, and doesn't get in the way slapping. How'd your pickguard turn out? Mine's a bit messy to say the least:

[​IMG]

8. looks cool!
    My pickguard turned out pretty good (better than yours:spit: :D lol)

I wish I had a digital camera to take a pic...

where did you get your pickup??

oh wait...I'll try to scan my bass...haha

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I nabbed the pickup off ebay for $45 (lucky grab considering I've watched them soar as high as $80-$90 in worse condition)

Don't worry, I'm getting a new mother of toilet seat guard, and this time I'll do it right!

10. ok, I scanned my bass!!
    well, for one thing, the bass looks like crap, cause the finish is all cracked, and it's gold to begin with, which I dont like too much anyway, but it's alright...it looks much better in person, too bad you cant really see my pickguard cutting skills at all in this pic. haha

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Looks pretty good, though yours appears to be a little more a sunburst (like Billy's used to be before he rubbed off the finish) but at least I don't have that ugly J route! :p

12. Actully it's not a sunburst, it's gold...
    and what are you talking about the j route?? there is actully a j pickup in it, and the routing is professionally done and is stock on the bass, it's just the pickup doesnt have a pickup cover, so it looks like it was badly done.

oh and do you have MSN or yahoo messanger??

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Probably the scanner, but you're right, it doesn't look bad at all. Anyway, nope to the MSN or Yahoo, only AIM...

14. how comes you have not got the bridge pickup cover on? it really would make the bass look better, just my opinion.
    rowan

15. Well, it doesn't have a cover, thats the way it is. The pickups are like the Muy grande P and j pickups that Rio Grande makes.

16. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    oh man that thing looks beat up!!! hope you have some cigarette burns in the headstock to complete the motif... ;)

I might have to do it to my P now...
    so how do you go about cutting the pickguard anyway?

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    For the pickguard, I went freehand with a router. I definately needed a template :D

18. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    That's the part I'm worried about! :D