1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

eb0 bridge tension prob

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cervusflies, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Hello all,

I've got a 69' eb0 that I've had for a couple of years now that has always felt like it's about to fall apart. It feels so nice. The short scale fits perfectly.

Recently, in an attempt to get rid of all the rattles and buzzes that I could, I took everything I could take off with screws off and cleaned, tightened, checked and put back together. In doing so, I had to remove all the strings. Now when I re-string it the bridge leans WAY forward with the tension. I tried a couple of tweaks on the adjustment bars to no avail. I'm pretty sure this is the original bridge as it has the felt mute switch.

I posted in the "setup" area, but noone is there and I would like to get this taken care of. Any advice on how to re-string and get the bridge to remain level would be greatly appreciated, as tomorrow is ROCK NIGHT.

Ves

2. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    Same on my old gibson, like that when I got it. With the 2 point bridge my saddles are in front of the pivot point. Thats the only way the bass will intonate. Still plays and sounds fine. I wouldn't worry to much about it unless your strigs are buzzing on the pickup. If you have the nylon saddles make sure you have the right hight in the right saddle guide.

3. Thanks, Bone.
    Yeah I've got the nylons. No buzz or anything. I'm just not comfortable with the way it looks. Like it's gonna bust or something. Tomorrow I will drop it off with my repairman.