1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EB3 REFIN DONE!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blendermassacre, May 9, 2010.

1. I bought this bass from Quadzilla a few months ago: eb33.

After a ton of sanding, killz primer, krylon off white (almost olympic white) and krylon gloss clear. I'm going to swap the bridge pup for another eb3 pickup in a month or so.
    5910229-1.

I'm also going to order a pickguard blank to make a tort guard.

2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Looks great, well done!

3. needs a bit more neck wetsanding, but overall I'm a happy camper

4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I Grow Organic Carrots
    The original bass looked cool in its reliced vintage condition ... but I like the white better.

5. Beautiful! :bassist:
    How does the Hipshot compare to the original bridge?

6. me too. I had a lot of thought about what color to make it. With the tord guard, I like the fender color on a "gibson" bass

7. I never played it with the original bridge. Quadzilla put the supertone on before I bought it. It is a great improvement over the 3 point bridge though.

8. That's a VAST improvement, and nice work. The pre-photos tell me that bass NEEDED a refin. Well done.

9. Thanks. There are plenty of body dings etc that I didn't take the time to perfect, but I had 8 hours of sanding in the bass. The body is two pieces of mahogany layered on top of each other, so I didn't want to use heat or solvents to remove what was left of the finish.

The bass is a player and playing it is awesome.

Also note that this is my first refin. Hopefully next time I do one, the neck will not need to. Be painted.