1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ebay Bass Neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SRT80, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I'm always lookin' at accessories on ebay and ran across this neck. For $60 shipped, seems like a ok deal since it's complete with tuners and all. And has a "Fenderish" headstock shape that looks pretty good. I did try to search and didn't come up with anything. I ordered one and it should be here next week. If it turns out to be junk, no big deal as I have started a "Motown" wall in my bonus room and plan on makin' a cheap "Funk Machine" clone to hang on the wall. It will only be for show. No pickups since a bridge cover will cover that...

http://cgi.ebay.com/BASS-GUITAR-NECK-Jazz-J-or-P-Replacemet-FREE-TUNERS_W0QQitemZ310025309896QQihZ021QQcategoryZ41423QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

69ad_1.

Steve

2. bump...

before this thread get's lost.

Steve

3. Got the neck today. Looks alone, not that bad. There are a very few reall small scratches in the fretboard. It's not major though. Only see it in brighter light. I'm hopin' I can get Brian at The Low End to just give it a quick look and make sure the truss works fine before I go further. It feels good, real smooth/slick on the back. Doesn't have the finish like my SX neck. I am gonna plan on pluggin' the holes because they didn't line up on my SX bass. But here are some pics...

newneck3.

newneck4.

newneck2.

newneck1.

Steve

4. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Let us know how it does once you have it mounted and set up. I'm always looking for a good deal for a project of one kind or another. :)

5. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Steve,

I thought you were going with the maple board neck on your blue quilt SX. Did I miss something? :confused:

I think the bound & blocked maple/blue quilt combo looks much nicer, IMHO... :)

6. oh yea, I'm just big on takin' pics. I had to see if this neck would fit a SX body because I was planning on usin' it for a SX SPB62 3TS.

The blue quilt jazz is definately gettin' the maple/blocked neck!

Steve