1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ebay bass reliability

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ARCtrooper225, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Hi there, fellow TB'ers. This caught my attention and would like to ask you experts if it is worth the money, or will this break in half in a year? Thanks

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Well, he makes some crazy comments in the auction. But, he also has perfect feedback. The return policy looks to be a good one.

I'd say it's worth $500. Just remember that a "nice" used 8-string bass will cost you a minimum of twice that. If you're looking to try out an 8-string, go for it. If you play 8-string basses, save some more cash for a better one.

It won't break in half in a year unless you abuse it.

-Mike

3. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    it looks like it says Galveston on the headstock, so i'd say it'll break in half a second.

but i'm gonna be honest, it does look pretty nice.

4. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Most of the Galveston instruments are made by Un-Sung Musical Instruments in Korea.

http://www.unsung.co.kr/html/products.html

They are one of Samick's biggest competitors.

I have a Galveston 12 string bass that is 5 years old and is very well put together.

5. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    That is company right??
    In my oppinnion companyes are always easyer to trust than private persons (unless you know the person offcoarse..)
    Returning opportunity is allways good, and 100% feedback is great...

I`d go for it, if I would realy want so many string...:D
    (not my thing, but it might be yours..)

Return it, if you don`t like it...

6. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    He sells quite a few Galvaston and Korean made copies. Roger I think is his name. He is very helpful. I have not ordered from him but I am getting ready to get a few hollow body guitars from him.

7. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

8. I'm not looking for a doubled 8 string, just a regular 8 string, but thanks for the replies, guys, I'm still deciding on what to do