Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ebay cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sloppysubs, May 30, 2003.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    are they any good. im looking into getting them used off ebay, but id like to know if they are reliable or not form those of you who know. shipping arrangments, truck or ups ro whatever. and whatever else i shoudl know. thanks

2. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
  3. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    I've been lucky so far. Well, barely. My Acme B2 was advertised as mint, and the seller said it was still under warranty. It arrived with one corner protector cracked and the others pretty scarred. The midrange speaker and tweeter didn't work. Hardly what I'd call "mint". The seller's response was "Gee, UPS must have been pretty heavy handed". The warranty was not transferrable. BUT, Andy Lewis at Acme sent me NEW corner protectors for free. And the speaker problem only required replacement of the automotive light bulb that acts as a fuse. Ended up being a good deal in spite of the seller's dishonesty.

Buy from a fellow Talkbasser if you can. My EAVL210 came from a TBer who advertised at bassgear.com

Ebay is a gamble. Check the seller's feedback. Caveat emptor.

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    yea i am very skeptical about doing it. ecspecially with cabs because so much can go wrong. but its hard to find decent cabs used at stores and such.