ebay China/Taiwan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pan, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Pan

Pan Lowdown User

Aug 8, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Anyone had experience with quality used basses bought from China or Taiwan?
    There are 2 Foderas up currently and a G&L fretless as well as others. There suddenly seems to be a lot of players from those countries? The auctions don't seem to have much selling feedback and accept W Union etc instead of PayPal - which ebay do not recommend. Any clues please?
  2. I can't address this except to say that I recently had to pay for a bass on ebay by western union, the bass was $2550.00 and it cost about $150 to do the w.u. mo. OUCH!
  3. I'd avoid them if it was me. AFAIK, you have no recourse if you pay by Western Union and the deal goes sour. There's a reason these folks do things the way they do them and it probably isn't for your benefit.
  4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    If I ever send money out of the USA, I prefer to use BidPay. It is more trackable and since you can use your CC to send a Money Order similar to WU, you have the CC insurance policy to help back you up. I would never send money to Africa or some of a few other places very well know for the scams.
  5. MattFoxx

MattFoxx Banned

Oct 24, 2005
    The guy selling the 2 Foderas goes by L A Chen, he has approached me with several trade deals but always backs out at the last minute. I think he would follow through with the auctions, he's always on bassgear.
  6. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Western Union are the biggest shaft going. Personally I would stick with North America and if need be Western Europe when doing deals. Less hassle and more assurance that you don't get scammed, not to mention duty charges and the like.