1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ebay deal seems a little fishy, what should I do?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Meyatch, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Meyatch

Meyatch Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I've been looking for a Jay Turser JTB-134 bass for a while now. I finally found one on ebay that went for a pretty sweet price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350029139607&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022

I bought it on sunday night. Tuesday night I got an email that it would be sent DHL wednesday morning, and today (thursday) I got a message on my phone that there was a problem. So I called the guys and they told me the neck was whack and it was the last one in stock. They said that I could either get a refund, or wait for them to get more stock, which he said would be around april.

The first thing I thought was that I didn't pay enough money for their satisfaction and they were hoping I'd back out. I checked their other auctions and found another one, which confirmed my suspicions. so I told him he had another one for sale, and he said it was a mistake and would pull the auction. Which it appears he did.

I've been looking to pick up one of these basses for a good price for a really long time, and I was super psyched that I'd scored this deal.

I'd really like to pick it up, and I would deal with waiting for a month to get it. However I'm still slightly worried that I'm being played here, and I don't know if I will have any recourse through ebay or paypal after that amount of time.

What would you do in this situation?

2. dmilt23451

dmilt23451

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas TX
    Just get your refund and wait for another one to come around

3. yup. Refund

4. selks

selks

Jul 28, 2006
    You should be covered under Paypal protection. To my knowledge, it doesn't have a time limit as to when you're covered...or at least that's what I've always thought.

5. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    If you take your chances and wait you should ask for a little something for compensation for your inconvenience. Honest mistake or not, its completely unprofessional...and with the new e-bay policy you can leave some scathing feedback without the seller retaliating if he gives you the runaround.

6. Meyatch

Meyatch Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    yeah, I'm considering just waiting until my last chance to leave feedback, and stay on him to make sure he doesn't ever list another one up there. However if I give up my chance for a refund, I might be out my $170 and only be able to leave feedback, which really isn't that big a deal when he's got 500 and some feedback.

7. Gasman

Gasman Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2007
    South Carolina
    Get the refund. If they get more, they'll put them up. Never leave your money with someone you don't trust (and by your post, I'd say you don't).

8. TAKE THE REFUND!!! :ninja::ninja:

They could lead you on for months!

9. mark roberts

mark roberts Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Been down this road on ebay before...get your refund and wait for another. Those folks are more of the scam stuff that stays just ahead of ebay-police. And when they are finally expunged, they come back with a new ID.

10. Refund...

11. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA
    Just get the refund!

12. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Refund!

13. Refund-Refund-Refund.

14. Muckaluck

Muckaluck

Oct 11, 2005
    Whitby, Ontario
    I have some different advice than everyone else. Call them up and get the refund.

15. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    I Don't think it's been said enough:

REFUND !

Play it safe, you'll score another.....

16. Been there, got the T-shirt.

Without a doubt....refund ASAP, and stay on them.

Their feedback sucks, avoid any future biz.

17. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    is there really a question, in your own mind what to do here ?

HELLO....

GET A FRIGGIN REFUND NOW !!!!!!!!