Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ebay down is does my computer just suck

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xcental34x, May 9, 2005.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm not able to access any auction pages on ebay. All I'm getting is a "Page cannot be displayed" message. Is anyone else getting this or is it time to throw my computer in the trash. :mad:

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You broke the internet.

brad cook

3. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    It's happening to me too.

4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    No he didn't break the internet, just Ebay! IT IS DOWN, you can access almost nothing on it. Ecommerce has ceased, our economy is officialy in the proverbial S@#$%^
    :eyebrow:

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    SWEET!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!!

Some moron put up a Sadowsky with no reserve and a minimum bid of $500. I wanted to make sure no one else could get it before me. The auction ends in a few minutes, and then you can have your eBay back. :)

-Mike

6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yeppers the wife said hers is down as well! Hope ya win that bass man!

7. No, it works fine. Just throw away your computer.....

8. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    There's gonna be alot of people pissed over this, I can't wait to see how this plays out.

9. Ebay is down?

got a feeling Bruce Linfield is giggling like a schoolgirl over this... :meh:

Where's he been lately, anyway?

Bob

10. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    so what do you guys think? hackers, virus, spilled coffee, government conspiracy? I imagine we will hear something about it on the news tomorrow. It's not everyday that one of the world's largest and busiest websites goes down. Let alone one that is responsible for millions of dollars in business transactions every day.

11. Well... could you hurry up already? :spit:

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I have been in Greece - walking in the hills, swimming in the Mediterranean, eating in great Tavernas - haven't looked at a PC for a week - that's what life's about!! :)

13. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    "ebay down is does my computer just suck"

Hey, Yoda--weren't you lamenting people using poor grammar just yesterday? :smug:

14. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
  15. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Maybe you missed it when Google went down a couple days ago. :)

16. Bruce Lindfield

From the "Tech Spot" forum :

EBay has three outages in three days
    by Julio @ 2:49 PM[Comments] http://www.3dspotlight.com/

Quote:
    (thanks Neowin) Online auction giant eBay has experienced three outages of varying severity since Sunday, a spokesman for the San Jose-based company said.
    Yesterday, almost all of the users of the bidding site were shut out of auctions and most other pages for about an hour, eBay spokesman Kevin Pursglove said. This followed a 12-hour outage on Sunday that shut down the site's apparel, watches, jewelry and gems pages.

Sellers who were affected by the outages have the option of either extending their auctions or receiving a credit from eBay, the spokesman said. The company won't know how many users opted for a credit until the end of the month, but Pursglove said it won't have an effect on the company's bottom line.

Pursglove said that the company is still investigating the details of the two smaller outages but that the larger outage was caused by a corruption of data files. The corrupted files began to replicate and quickly spread across the system, eventually shutting down the apparel, watches, jewelry and gems pages. No other details were available, he said.

17. Bruce Lindfield

Nah - just rubbing my hands with glee!! ;)

18. Huh. And here I am, stuck in Phoenix, changing diapers and mowing the lawn.

Hope you enjoyed it, Bruce!

Bob

19. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    i heard a rhumour ebay was sold.....

/shrugs

20. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

It screwed me over last night:bawl: