Ebay Elrick for 1000???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, Oct 4, 2005.

1. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Hey all,
    I found this Elrick that I'm bidding on for less than 1000 on Ebay!! The real deal!! I don't know how to post a link, but it's a 4 string E-volution shape, 34" scale, translucent red lacquer, ash body, bubinga board, WITH ORIGINAL G&G CASE, for less than a grand!! Yowza!! I've recieved several emails with different pics that I asked for, so it's the real deal, and he has good feedback.
    Just 4 hours left....tick tock, tick tock....
    If I get it, it'll be overnighted out here. I've been jonesing for another Elrick...this one should smoke...I hope!!
    Someone here able to post a link to my new (I hope!) baby?
  2. Another Elrick, you say? What's your other one?

I just got my Elrick Singlecut yesterday and am extremely pleased with it :D
  3. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    It looks like quite the deal. Elricks are really flying around this month! I think that's only the second Elrick e-vol/standard I've seen lacquer finished.

I also saw a used e-volution with a nice looking brazilian rosewood fingerboard. But the auction disappeared a day or so after it was up.

<fingers crossed for you>
  4. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Lovely bass (red!), but why did you point that out? I hope there's no last-minute bidding war. Don't you know how many gearhounds are on TB? :D

I hope you get it!

5. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Don't have one currently....I've had:
    5 string/mapleburl top/fretless pink ivory board/basswood body
    5 string SC that now belongs to Brian Tyler
    4 string mapleburl/alder/cocobolo
    4 string buckeye/ebony/alder
    Hope I win this one...
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I saw that one when it opened as a $1299 reserve/BIN. Looks like a good deal- the only one I've seen go for less was the Gold standard four-string painted silver that went through a bunch of hands, with the price around $800. If I was a four-stringer I might have thought about it.

Yeah, that rosewood fingerboard E with the great top sold a day after it went up. GGuitars had been asking about $2900 for it for a couple years now, and someone bought it BIN from them for $1800 IIRC. They also have a bolt-on fiver with a nice top for around $1500 because it hasn't moved for a couple years. davidmwilson's Elrick is up on eBay as well....lots of great deals out there on Elricks right now.
  7. then the eshenbaugh sill come some day and your harem will just continue to grow!
  8. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    OH that's his Chechen Burl/Wenge neck?

I'm not surprised about the Rosewood bass. I think I did see that one a few months back on their website.
  9. I wish I could find a smith for that price
  10. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I did actually try that one out, the high end was actually really muted on it. I have to be honest, I didn't like it at all.
    yeah, I'm trying to rightsize my collection (again). This one has a slight high end roll off, so it's not as bright as other elricks I've tried/owned. That's a good thing, since Elricks can be overbright IMO at times
  11. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder

I saw that the other day and was thinking about it, but since you placed a bid ...it's yours!
    Besides I'm not a huge fan of red.

OH.....Don't you miss the Buckeye 4...I sure do.....I kick myself everyday for selling it.

12. :eek: Wow. Haven't seen that one before. Gorgeous.
  13. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    One minute left...holding steady.
  14. haha, nice, i check the link and its got bugger all time on it, well done man, should be nice!!
  15. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Good deal! :)

16. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Congrats on your new Elrick!
    - Tom
  17. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Can't say I'm a big fan bajos rojos (I'm sure this un sounds and plays killer), but that buckeye looks sweet. You guys should have hung onto some of those things, bitching 4's don't necessarily grow on trees (that I know of).
  18. Initially, they grow on trees...