Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ebay good deal...or bad???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Nov 30, 2003.

1. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    I think you could find a better price for a "slightly damaged" used cab.

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I don't think this is any kind of great deal, but if you're set on getting an inexpensive 4x12 and you trust SWR, it's not necessarily a bad deal either. I don't find that SWR cabs are my cup of tea, but if you do and you've got the cash to blow, go for it. Unless you're hell-bent on having this particular cab, I'd pass on it though... it doesn't strike me as a great deal, I'm not a big SWR cab fan, and I'm generally wary of 'slightly damaged' claims.

3. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Even if this was a great deal, I think SWR 12" loaded cabs are horrible. Their 10" cabs are good. But they just dont build a quality 12" loaded cab. You would be better off going Aguilar if you want a 12" loaded cab. If you want to stay SWR, I would reccomend their 4x10 cabs. I am sure you could find a good deal on a SWR 4x10.

4. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    0 feedback, I'd pass

5. Thanx all will pass on this...reason why i want to get something with 12's is the silverado special im working with right now i love to death and would pay good money to get something like it.

-Vince

6. vlad335

vlad335 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    What He Said...

I have looked at this action as well and I guess I got a bad vibe. Can't really explain it. This item also has been relisted a couple times... I was also tempted.

I was in the market for new cabs and went with the EB/MM 2X12 deal instead. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2574778217&category=4713

I did not receive the EB/MM Cabs yet. ( Due 12-05-03) But, $500.00 for a cracked cab from a zero feedback dude is a certain recipe for disaster on ebay. Keep checking the seller for the Ernie Ball's to be offered. He just sold two of them with "Buy it Now" I think this is a great deal.

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah, theres TONS of good deals on SWR and other companies also.

8. the eb/mm is 16 ohms...???

9. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    According to SWR's website, those cabs aren't really voiced like the silverado (and their old bigfoot cab). they're more midrangey and "honk"-y (no offense ;) ) for a 70's rock vibe i believe is how they describe it.

10. No. It's an 8 ohm cab. The DRIVERS have a 16 ohm impedance. AWESOME cab, btw.

11. vlad335

vlad335 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    No they are 8 ohm cabs. Each 12" driver is 16 ohms