Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ebay made me laugh today

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChenNuts44, Apr 10, 2003.

1. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Ebay made me laugh today... :D

taken from this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2522396412&category=4713

Gallien-Krueger 800RB Bass Head. My drummer says I have to get rid of this thing. It's too loud. I have been trying to use this amp in small clubs, but it's just too powerful. I have been using it with two David Eden 2/10 cabinets and it puts out so much low end, it blows the whole band away. I have had several of these amps in the past when I played with really loud rock bands and they were perfect. This one's a bit much for the blues band I am giging with now. So it has to go. Overall it is in excellent condition with only minor dings and scratches. There is a knob cap missing from the bi-amp frequency knob. These can be easily stolen from your local Guitar Center. They just pop off. Buyer will pay $30. S&H ins. included. No Reserve!!!

I accept money orders, cashiers checks, billpoint and paypal. All sales final.

2. Just another reason not to do business with G.C. ;)

3. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    ... it must be missing the volume knob too ...

4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Haha..yah, that's what I was thinking. Too loud? since when can you be too loud anyway? I think he forgot amps have volume control. :) I also foudn it amusing that someone would encourage stealing from a music store to sell their item. I should report the listing just for fun. :p

5. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    What a boner. :D

6. I'd like to whip his *ss. :mad:

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Some people's kids....

Actually eBay has been making me angry lately...I'm getting tired of sellers closing auctions early because they've sold the item to someone else and then report it as being "broken" or no longer for sale...

8. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    i wonder if he stole his other items on ebay from guitar center...

9. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I actually scored my X Wire that way. A guy had it listed witha starting price of $300 with no reserve. I e-mailed him and asked how much to end the auction now? He said paypal me $325 and it was mine.

SCORE!!!!!!

10. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Damn. That is one heckuva deal. I need to find me one of those X wires.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Last time I went to Guitar Center I wanted to see what a Goliath cab sounds like powered by the SWR SM-500 so I could compare to my current cab. I took the fuse out of my SM-500 and took it in the store with me because the heads never seem to have fuses in them. Sure enough, no fuse. I think the salesman was a bit surprised when I just happened to have exactly the right fuse in my pocket. I offered no explanation. :)

brad cook

12. The more I hear about Guitar Center the better I feel about Pawn shops.

13. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If you're truly interested in an item for sale heres an idea e-mail the seller first before bidding or waiting for the auction to end. They simply are placing items on e-bay to sell:eek:. Is'nt that the whole point of e-bay;) .

14. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

Can you really trust the honesty and integrity of a seller who would advise someone to just go and steal the missing part from GC?

If he's too lazy to get off his ass and contact GK for some minor missing parts (which they'd probably send him for free - at least I know SWR does), what else is he too lazy to replace or disclose about it?

Just for that one comment alone, I decided not to bid on this.

:spit:

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i havent taken anything from GC, but i have regularly taken from Ikea.

they never seem to have any of the parts i need in the customer service area. but dip into the warehouse, and its a cornucopia...

;)

16. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Perhaps I'm naive, but it seems unethical to cheat ebay out of final value fees by selling the item outside the auction.

I've been approached to do this plenty of times and always decline. In each instance, I've received more for the item (even after fees) than if I had closed the auction early and sold it outside.