1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ebay P bass weighs A LOT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LowEndWooly, May 10, 2015.

1. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    Just browsing ebay at the basses, like normal. This one looked interesting, so I was looking at it.. down where you ask the seller a question, someone asked how much it weighs. The answer? 19-20 pounds. Yikes! I found it funny and thought some of you would, too.

Here's the link:

Fender Precision P Bass USA Fretless | eBay

2. I Need a six...

I Need a six...

Feb 4, 2015
    Uhh 19 pounds! I've played many p basses, a lot. Never held one that even approached that kind of weight. I like a heavy bass, I play tuba so weight is good for me, but 19-20 pounds is boarder line unbelievable

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Not a chance.

Base with HSC or shipping weight maybe.

steveinohio and I Need a six... like this.
  4. I Need a six...

I Need a six...

Feb 4, 2015
    I agree completely

Baird6869 likes this.
  5. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    It's obviously not the real weight of the bass, I just don't understand where he came up with that number. Possibly shipping weight.. but that doesn't even make sense, really.

6. I saw that a few days ago and laughed. Yeah no way. I doubt there is any Fender made stock bass that weighs over 14 pounds.

FenderOli likes this.