Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ebay Pickguard is total garbage - dsull31068: bad seller!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tony G, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Just a warning to anyone buying aftermarket pickguards from this seller on ebay. They are cut very crappy and will not fit. This isn't just a hole alignment issue. the neck cavity doesn't fit. The pickup cavity doesn't fit. It doesn't line up with the control plate on my Jazz. Total garbage and the seller simply tells me I'm stuck with it.

So a warning to you all...

dsull31068: bad seller!!!

I believe he also sells these pickguards thru www.musiclandcentral.com

2. Are you sure that it is for the right jazz? I've seen jazz pickguards with slightly different geometries from one another. For instance, I had a '75 reissue that a standard jazz pickguard did not fit on.

If it is right, then that's crap.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

It just seems as though the tolerancing on it is off all over the place except for the holes. I'm really pissed. I have never had any issue fitting pickguards to my MIJ 75 reissue and this is the first one. Just from holding this one up to one that I know fits my bass, you can see all the inconsistancies.

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    http://www.grguitars.com/

Click on "bass" in the left hand column. Look near the bottom of the page and you'll see three Jazz pickguards lined up with different hole patterns.

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

Again, the screw holes aligned up fine. That wasn't the issue. The issue was where it fit around the neck. It was too tight. The pickup route is also cut a little crooked, and there is a big offset gap at the controll plate.

Again, the screw holes were not the issue, they line up fine.

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    At the very least, thanks for the heads up. Too bad you had to get stiffed on the deal. I'd be really pissed.