Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ebay problem (maybe)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vox Populi, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    So I won an auction and payed for a 5 string Ibanez BTB a few days ago. I payed through PayPal.

Now Im trying to get in contact with the seller. I have emailed him twice, and he hasn't answered. He left me a "Fast payment!" positive feedback, but doesn't respond to my emails. It's been three days.

What should I do? I mean, maybe I'm overreacting. I've never bought anything off of ebay before. The guy has 100% feedback. I'd just like to be able to contact him.

2. Keep on him, could be out of town or something. If more than a few more days go by without contact, then start worrying. Maybe this is good time to read the fine print on paypal, ebay dispute resolution so you know what to do when the time comes. Get a head start on that.

Randy

3. +1. People may be annoyed with a ton of emails, but it's YOUR money that's been spent. Keep emailing untill you get a response. And make sure to ask for a tracking number!

4. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I payed via Mastercard, so yeah, I'd hope they'd consider refunding me in case of fraud.

I'm not convinced there's any fraud yet, it's just strange that this guy (with 21 feedbacks, all 100%) wouldn't try to get in contact with me at all, yet he left feedback for me.

Tomorrow will be day 4 with no word.

5. +1 again about "he may be out of town". I had that happen with a guy who had to leave on a business trip and got back to me as soon as he returned.

If this guy's selling on Ebay, then he BETTER not be annoyed with emails that come from buyers and PayPal and Ebay saying that his auction has been won!

+1 on keeping on him to respond! Some people just tend to procrastinate. Not a good trait in a business situation, but life's like that, sometimes.

I bought a bass on Ebay, and it took a long time to finish the transaction and get it shipped properly, but it was worth it in the end. Just frustrating.

Good luck! ;)

6. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    He sent me an ebay message with just a tracking number. I'm at least satisfied I've had some contact now. I'm just spoiled I guess, the last online "person to person" transaction I did went really smoothly and with a ton of communication. Probably because it was here on TB.