ebay problem, worth solving?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mindflow, Oct 23, 2005.

1. mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    San Diego
    so i sold a geddy on ebay. i left out paypal as a payment option because of the feess. thhe buyer said that he doesnt pay with check or money order and i said ok fine if you would like to use paypal you will have to pay the $13 that thhey are going to charge me. now this guy has a score of 200+ with two no payment bad comments within the past year. is it worth it to leave him bad feedback? my score is only 80 and honestly i could preobably get more for the bass by relisting it. what do you think?
  2. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    I believe it is actually illegal to make the buyer pay for paypal fees.
  3. if he is willing to pay the paypal fees dont leave bad feedback. If you stated that in your auction and they dont like it I still personally wouldnt leave bad feedback . It sounds like that person just doesent know how to read.
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    that is correct.

however, since you didn't offer paypal as a payment option you are entitled to file for non-paying bidder credit if he won't pay via money order.
  5. westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    If you leave bad feedback, he can leave bad feedback as well, and both of you are worse off (particularly if you have perfect scores). Best to work it out with him.
  6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    He's a moron for bidding on an item whose seller stated he does not accept PayPal. Work it out with him, but make him realize that he messed up (like it needs to be elaborated) and ergo should pay.

You'll probably end up splitting the PP fee.
  7. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    Bomb him, I recently had an experience where I won an auction and the seller kept promoising to send me an invoice. He never did, then 2 weeks later I see a notice on ebay for a non-payment strike, along with some really negative feedback. So, I proceeded to get eBay involved while also bombing every auction he had with really negative feedback. It was resolved within 24 hrs and my reputation was restored. I'll remove my negative feedback only after I have the parts in hand. He proceeded to bomb me even after I paid him(still never got the invoice).One I retaliated, he hopped to, toot sweet. Your rep is nothing to screw with, pursue it aggressivey.
  8. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Offer to take BidPay payment. Your buyer can pay with a CC, They pay the Fee, You get a Money Order. If you do not accept PayPal, do not accept it. E-bay says you cannot charge fees for PayPal. You Can enter fees as "Shipping and Handeling fees". If the buyer is trying to get you to accept PayPal and it is not an option on your auction, leave negative feedback, file for a Non-Paying bidder, and relist the item.