Ebay - Question for "post sale" search

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Feb 2, 2003.

1. If I wanted to search ebay for items that have already sold (in order to evaluate pricing trends of specific items).... How do I do this? I've looked high and low on the ebay webpage options and so far haven't found this feature.

2. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    The way I usually get to the search past options menu is to, after having completed a search click on refinf search. Now for some weird reson it is not immediatly an option to select to serch for closed items. you have to click on one of the other tabs, not all of them do this, but some of them will reveal more tabs at the top and one of them will be the one you want. I think there must be an easier way to do this, or atleast their should be.

Also if what you are looking for is price info www.prepal.com may be helpful to you
  3. It's easy, just easy to miss if you're not looking for the right words. Do any search, and when your results come up, look on the left side of the page. Under the Display tab (below the categories stuff) is the option "Completed items". Click that and you'll get about two weeks worth of old auctions. To look at current stuff again, look in the same spot for "Active items". Right now I can only go back to Jan. 18, I don't know if there's a way to look further back.

BTW, depending on what you're looking for, I may have some records that'll help you out. I've been keeping track of some stuff for a few months, let me know what you're after.
  4. Thank-you for the help!!!!

I'll check out the options you listed.

BTW - the item I'm currently interested in pricing is a Crown PowerBase 1 power amplifier...
    Very helpful!!!

That's the ticket!!

Much grass!!:)