Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eBay Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 'JC', Aug 6, 2005.

1. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    I've gotten really tired of those listings where the shipping costs exceed the buy it now or actual value of the item. :spit:

Ex:
    [​IMG]

Is there anyway to sort by shipping cost rather than current bid price?

2. To my limited knowledge of Ebay after buying a couple things and looking around, I don't remember/see anyway to sort by shipping price. If you are buying something that cheap though, how big can it be? Just try to find bids where it isn't a set shipping and it will vary with area, that way it may work out better for you.

3. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    This applies to two items I'm looking at:
    TV/Dish Remote and the earpiece for my Nokia cell phone so I can use the radio tuner.

I was just curious since there used to be various ways to search on ebay, but they change the layout so often now, the site is much more aggrivating to navigate.

4. deftim69

deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    The reason they do this is to avoid paying ebay fees. You pay according to the final value of your auction not including shipping. So you charge .01 and charge 5.95 in shipping and you make out like a fat rat.