Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ebay + rare guitar pedal = madness

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Scottie Johnson, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
  2. It was sold to somebody that actually visited the SAME CITY that Jimi Hendrix once passed through. :rolleyes:

Probably a few germanium transistors similar to the Dallas Arbiter circuit.....less than $20 worth of parts....

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow. I thought $1000 for a Mutron III was over the top.

4. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    You know, I see tons of "boutique" pedals of some sort or other, advertised and at NAMM shows, etc, and I have yet to see one that would make anything sound so good it's worth the price of a Diezel or Glockenklang rig. Cripes, that's the price of a custom bass!! What the @$#% makes it worth so much to anyone?

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I imagine it is an investment. No different than a 51 P bass.

Way Huge products pull extremely high prices regardless and this is the first one produced (either of it's type, or possibly ever). If and when the buyer decides to sell this pedal, he will get his money back and pull a profit.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Did it come with a battery? :confused:

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    They just want it for the name.

8. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Yeah, that's what struck me too. But then again, I think all kinds of dumb **** is funny.

9. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Pedal Company Recipe for Success:

Don't make a large number of pedals, get famous people to use them, even though you are in huge demand "shut down" the company, sell your remaing pedals on ebay, keep your site on the internet so people can lust over your product.

Supoosedly there were only 25 of these pedals made, and any Way Huge pedals goes for big bucks (no whammy, STOP!) no matter what kind. It's an investment, but I think they somewhat overpaid. ;)

Kudos if you got the Press Your Luck reference. I loved the original show.

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Big bucks! No Whammy!

What is to keep an unscruplous former pedal maker from making one of these up from time to time and putting it on the bay?

11. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    +1
    It's a piece of musical history

12. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Ridiculous. And I thought Klons were expensive.

I haven't ever seen a distorto-stompbox fetch $5,200, no matter how rare.

13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Consider this. Akai Deep Impacts fetch high dollar values (500ish) and they were mass produced.

I would equate the Way Huge brand with the Zemaitis guitar brand. Both were hand made in extremely low numbers and continue to pull in incredible prices.

14. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    What are Klons going for these days? Wait, I don't think I want to know. I bought one for $125 not long after they were released, then later sold it for not quite double that. I never really liked it, but something told me not to sell it.