Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ebay Seller Vent..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Sep 3, 2003.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Ok, I sold a Electro Harmonix Q-Tron on Ebay last month for about $91 I think it went for. Anyway, it worked PERFECTLY when I shipped it, and I packed it top notch. Anyway, I didn't hear from the guy for a while after he should've recieved it. I emailed him to see if he got it and he said that he got it, but that it wasn't working. He says that it powers up, the light comes on, the peak light even flickers when you play, but he's not getting any effected single. Now he wants a full refund.

Now am I wrong for being mad here? I KNOW that it worked perfectly fine when I sent it and he even said that it showed no signs of being damaged. I know that when I got it, it took me a bit of messing around to get it to produce enough of an effect and I had to learn how to use it. I'm issuing him a refund when I get it, but I"m just irritated that now I'm out $91 and I have to go through the hassle of selling it again. Because I know that when I get it, it'll work perfectly and it just sounds like to me that he's not giving it as much of a chance.

Just needed to vent..my g/f is sick of hearing about it :)

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I understand how you'd be upset, but I think you're doing the right thing. I hope it all works out for you and hey -- you might even get more for it this time around!

FWIW, you may want to stress in your next ad that the pedal has been tested and works perfectly and that you will not accept returns unless the pedal proves to be defective. Then, try to sell the buyer on some insurance. That way, if the pedal doesn't work when he (or she) receives it, their beef is with the carrier, not with you.

Good luck!

3. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    The pedal WAS insured and I always state that in my auctions. Its just irritating because I know that when I get the pedal back, it'll work fine.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    SO blame the shipping people.

5. Maybe he had the cables plugged in wrong? I did that before :\ Or maybe he needs to turn that knob on his amp that says VOLUME ;) Stupid person probably...or maybe a new effects user? Who knows, but it is sad how he can't get it to work after a "while"

6. Don't give him the refund untill he ships back the pedal to you. Then you can check to see if it's in working order. If it still works send it back to him and tell him it works. If it doesn't work then you can refund his money back.

7. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Oh yea I'm definately not giving a refund until I get the pedal.

But he needs the pedal "this week" for recording and such, so he says he's just going to go out and buy a new one. He says he owns 5 EHX pedals and has had one for like 15 years and has no problems..so I doubt he's an idiot when it comes to effects.

My main thing is I don't want negative feedback. He said he'd give me positive feedback but I told him to forget it. Because if he posts something like "Pedal didn't function properly, issued refund" and I repost the pedal and people go and look at my feedback, they might look at the old auction and be like "Hey...he's selling the same pedal" and I don't want them to think I'm selling something defective ya know?

Plus I know I can always post it again, but I might not get what I got last time for it and that bugs me.