1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

eBay: "SPECTOR 4 STRING BASS GUITAR W/ CASE 'AS IS'

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Maverick Blues, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Any comments on this?

The top looks right purty but I dunno how one would cleanly fix the gash without doing a total refin. 'Course I guess you could just keep it and call it "pre-mojo'd."

Wish it said something about the neck and playability, though. "Great working condition" is awfully generic and can't be trusted very far on a bass with a dead pickup and a stop busted out of one of the pots. :D

'rick

EDIT: Just noticed that the same seller has a pretty clean-looking GSR-200 up also.

2. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I dunno. I personally wouldn't go for it. The words "No returns" is a big turn off. But hey, you've still got six days to decide

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    At the right price, "pre-mojo'd" and "no returns" would not scare me. Spector make known good basses.
    If it appealed to me, and if it could be bought as a "cheap gigging bass" I'd go for it...

4. That's a Q4 bass. I have one myself and they are what I call the "Spector Jazz" bass. They are not like the typical early NS design. Instead, these have thinner necks and feel something like a J bass.

Paul Mac